Sunday, December 23

No-egg nog

I don't know about you, but I'm a big eggnog fan. Too bad about the egg. Luckily I found this little beauty to keep me going over the Christmas season! The recipe is from The Joy of Vegan Baking by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau, which I highly recommend you buy!

Makes six 1/2 cup servings

340g silken tofu
1 ripe banana
2 cups soy milk
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cardamom
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves

1. Combine all of the ingredients in a blender until smooth. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and serve chilled.

If you want to be naughty, you can also add 1/2-1 cup of rum, whiskey, cognac, or brandy - though I haven't tried that yet!


Happy drinking! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!