Monday, April 2

Suday 1 April 2012

Day 38 of vegan challenge.

Breakfast
Uncle Toby's Plus Omega 3 with soy milk and a glass of orange juice.

Lunch
Lunch 1: I was at the Oz Comic Con and the line for chips was huge (and I might get to the front only to find all the chips had chicken salt on them!) so I opted for a fruit salad. Not very filling though.

Lunch 2: After Comic Con my lovely mum took me out for lunch at Wild Thyme Organic Market and Cafe on Melbourne Street. I had a lentil and vegetable pie which the chef said was vegan. However, the side salad that came with it had cheese in it! Also the pastry was so buttery that I don't believe it was vegan. I know what butter tastes like. I don't think the chef had a clue what vegan means. Moral of the story, if the waitress can't tell you what's vegan and what's not, go somewhere else! Better still, if the menu doesn't tell you, go somewhere else!

Dinner
Dinner was vegie mash made with potato, pumpkin, carrot, broccoli, and peas, with a bit of nuttelex, that I quickly made, packed, and then wolfed down at my mum's house minutes before the movie we were going to see started. I was in a rush to eat and make the movie so I forgot to take a picture. However, there was enough for leftovers so it will be featuring as lunch in my next post.

Snacks
Some sultanas while cooking dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!