Thursday, March 1

Sausage and Bean Bake Recipe

I love this meal! It's so easy, quick, and cheap! Every time I make it I marvel at how easy this casserole is!

Serves 4 with a side or 2 large serves.

1 large onion, chopped
2 sticks celery, sliced
Approximately 5 vegan sausages (I use a packet of Sanitarium ones that have rosemary and something else, they're in the fridge section of the supermarket)
1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
1 tin baked beans
1 tbsp tomato paste
1/2 cup water
A little oil for frying

1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Mix chopped onion, celery, and parsley in a bowl. Stir in the baked beans, tomato paste, and water.

2. Spread mixture into a shallow ovenproof dish, I use a Pyrex casserole or lasagna dish. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.

3. Meanwhile, fry sausages according to packet instructions. When cooked, cut into thickish slices.

4. When bean mix is finished after 30 minutes of baking, remove foil and stir in sausages. Return to the oven, uncovered, and bake for a further 5 minutes.

Serve with salad, vegetables, or some nice crusty bread.


Happy eating! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!